Bacon Spinach and Mushroom Flat Bread
- 1 package of garlic naan bread
- 1/2 bag of baby spinach
- feta cheese
- 4-5 mini portobello mushrooms without stems, washed and chopped
- 1/4 of a large onion, sliced
- 4 slices of center cut bacon
- minced garlic* (optional, depending on how much garlic you like. Remember the naan is already seasoned with garlic, so don't over do it)
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Prepare your naan bread per the package instructions, but shave off a minute or two of the cooking time. (If you over cook your naan your flat bread will get super crunchy and difficult to eat.) Set aside.
- Dice your bacon and brown it until crispy in a cast iron skillet. Remove from pan when browned and set aside to drain. Drain off most of the rendered bacon fat.
Please don't judge me because of my stained burners
- In the same pan saute your mushrooms and onions until caramelized (add minced garlic now if you choose to do so). Remove from heat and add your spinach, stirring until your spinach is wilted.
- Generously brush your naan with EVOO, and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Evenly spread your vegetables over naan, and then sprinkle bacon crumbles over that. Top with a healthy sprinkle of feta cheese and drizzle with a little bit more EVOO (if desired).
- Bake for 5 minutes or so at 350* just to re-heat everything and voila, you're done.
- Garnish with some kalmata olives or Spanish olives and serve with grapes or a light tomato salad.