I've gotten into prestige brands in the past few years, but every once in a while I like to get a drugstore brand or Ulta store brand product to try it and see how I like it. Some of the time the store brand is just as effective as a prestige brand, and it costs a lot less. Plus, trying new brands and new products can be really fun. Last weekend I had my hair done at the Ulta salon, and grabbed a few new things to try (I can never walk out of that place without buying something, much to husbands chagrin). Here's a look at my Ulta Haul:
- Ulta Fabulous Face Cream Foundation: I am usually a Bare Minerals girl, but I thought I'd give this a try. I definitely wouldn't use this every day, because I have sensitive and acne prone skin. However, on a day I needed fuller coverage or if I was going out for a date I would use this. I think on a day to day basis I'm going to stick with my Bare Minerals.
- Ulta Super Blender Sponge: I grabbed this because I didn't have one, it's as simple as that. I don't use liquid or cream foundation very often so I never needed one before now. I used it with my new Ulta cream base and I liked it.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo: I've been searching for a good dry shampoo that doesn't make my hair look oilier than when I started, and I think I finally found it. As a bonus Batiste is about half the cost of the other dry shampoos I've tried. It smells pretty good, but the scent is definitely strong.
- Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara: Not going to lie, I bought this mascara because of its name. I just had to try it. While I would NOT say it was better than sex, it was a pretty great mascara. I was recently disappointed with the Bare Minerals Lash Dominating Volumizing Mascara and was about to go back to my Ulta brand mascara that I like when this little tube of awesome caught my eye. I recommend it.
- Ulta Makeup Setting Spray: Before I bought and tried this spray I had never used a makeup setting spray before. Honestly, I didn't notice much of a difference. I'll try it again on a really hot day and see if it helps keep the makeup from melting off of my face. I hope it helps. It sucks to go through all the effort of applying makeup just to end up looking like a sad melty clown.