Crock Pot Tortellini
- 1 (20 oz) container of Buitoni tortellini variety of your choice
- 1 (8 oz) block of low-fat cream cheese
- 2 cans Italian style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 bag of baby spinach
- 4 cups of chicken broth/stock (I use the Knorr Homestyle Stock b/c I find it to be more cost effective)
- you will need a crock pot (to state the obvious)
1. Pour your 4 cups of chicken broth/stock into your crock pot, add tomatoes, and cream cheese. (I cube the cream cheese so that it melts easier).
2. Add your container of tortellini to the mixture and stir.
3. Add your bag of spinach and stir; it may seem like your crock pot is jam packed, but the spinach will wilt.
4. Cook on low for 5 hours (for a firmer pasta decrease cooking time by about an hour).
Your finished product will look like this:
It's oh so yummy!
I really enjoyed this dish. If you are feeling adventurous, you could make some Italian/Mexican fusion tortellini and use 2 cans of Rotel tomatoes and chilies instead of the Italian tomatoes and add in a drained can of corn and/or a drained can of beans. Cheddar or pepper jack cheese would make a good topping in this case. In fact, I think I may try that next time. My husband will eat anything if there is Rotel in it.